Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Trip To Washington

Last Tuesday I made a very spur of the moment trip to Washington with Chandler, Nolan, and Rachel. On Tuesday afternoon Chandler made mention of a potential trip to Washington for the week. Two hours later we were on the road! We stayed at Chandlers aunt and uncles house which was really nice! Most of our days consisted of playing Wii fit all day while the cousins were all at school. If you haven't played Wii fit yet... Oh boy you're missing out! Super neat! We didn't really do a whole lot during the trip but it was really nice to just relax and not have to worry about school. It was also really good to get to know Chandlers family more.
Saturday was my favorite day of the week by far! We all went to a skating place and roller bladed for awhile. I haven't done that in ages! The idea of rolling around in an oval for hours still doesn't really appeal to me much. Later that day Chandler and I went over to the Columbia River and walked around. Upon hearing that I had never been able to successfully skip rocks he took me down by the river and taught me how. We were there for almost two hours until I finally got the three skips that I wanted! My entire right side is still sore to this day but oh it was worth it!
We drove home Sunday afternoon and didn't get home until early Monday morning. What do I miss most about Washington? The weather... It was so nice! Especially when compared to the dry cold weather here in Utah. I would love to live in Washington someday. Chandlers uncle that we stayed with is actually a doctor so I spent some time talking to him about medical school and things like that. He said that they actually have a pretty good medical school in Seattle. How cool would that be?? So I will definitely be putting that into consideration.
I had a great trip! I wish I could have stopped by to see Amy but we were still a few hours away... I'm hoping to maybe plan a trip to come up again this summer for a visit. I hope it works out!

1 comment:

  1. it's a good thing you mentioned me at the end of the post, i was starting to get annoyed that you were right by my house (we live about 15 minutes from a roller skating rink), but it sounds like you were pretty far away if you were close to the colombia river.
    u of w is a great school. and seattle is a fabulous place to live. would love to have you come back and visit. :)

    ReplyDelete