Friday, January 29, 2010

Oh this better be worth it...

Day 4 of braces and it hasn't gotten much better. I can't really eat much. Good thing I like tomato soup! I also can't talk all that well... my usual quick rate of speech mixed with the speech impediment I received along with my braces makes for a very difficult conversation. However, I am slowing getting used to the annoyance of it all.
The worst part is the cuts inside my mouth. Ow. Its really a shame that it has to hurt so bad. Wouldn't it be nice if the things we wanted most out of life were simple, painless, and easy? I guess that would get somewhat boring though... and sometimes it is difficult not to take things for granted. Having things be so easy would only make it easier to forget the importance of them. Besides, it is usually on the way to getting the things we want most that we learn the most too. Do you think if we didn't have to work for the most important things they would still be the most important...? I guess these thoughts don't really apply a whole lot to braces though... I think my life would be just fine if they didn't hurt so badly.
What do I have to learn from going through an entire year of pain? Maybe just the fact that I will be filled with tremendous joy when they come off is enough. Lets hope so! This better be worth it...

1 comment:

  1. it will be worth it if it fixes what you wanted them too :)

    ReplyDelete