Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Life of a College Student

This morning when my alarm went off it was tempting to simply ignore it an go back to sleep. Who needs to go to class anyway? I lay there contemplating the pros and cons of sleeping and extra hour or going to class. By the time I was done with all my thinkin I was basically awake anyway so I got up and headed to school. Thats when I found out there there would not be a train going to campus for another hour due to a bomb threat at one of the stations. So I had to ride in a series of busses and detours to get to school. I missed my first class anyway! I guess I just wasn't meant to go to my writing class this morning! On the bright side... I made a few new friends that were also stuck on some wild chase trying to get to campus. I love meeting new people! 
I did make it to my second class though: American Civilization. I have an exam for that class on Thursday... After class I spent a long afternoon studying with a friend for that very exam. Who knew that a system of trading between 3 different countries would lead to so many wars and economic ups and downs? I actually really enjoy learning about this stuff! This should be and interesting exam... 
I also got with a friend to study for Biology followed by my 2 hour long biology class. Not my best subject... Especially when everything the professor talks about is somehow transformed into a comparison to a taxi cab. Interesting way of teaching...
Studying has never been something that I am good at. I've got to admit though.. I get better at it everyday! It doesn't help when I am constantly falling asleep on top of my open book though... Yes I have ended up with highlighter on my face. 
There is one big thing to be excited about... Everyday I get closer to getting my braces off. 5 more weeks and my braces are off! (hopefully) Oh that is going to be a GREAT day! As for my two exams coming up... Wish me luck!! I'm gonna need it. 

2 comments:

  1. you left out the part where you watched a movie (on your i-phone?) in your class instead of listening ot your professor... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, Oh yeah... That was a good class! However... That happens to be the class that I have a mid term in tomorrow... Shoulda paid more attention!

    ReplyDelete