Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dentist... more like Lucifer

Today as I realized there is an alternate meaning to the term dentists office. The second definition is purgatory. After getting my teeth cleaned yesterday I made an appointment to take care of my cavities this morning. I was given four shots to numb up my mouth and after the drilling began and a great pain emerged I was given two more shots. At the completion of this experience I was numb from by left cheek bone all the way over to my right ear and down to my chin. This wouldn't have been a problem if I didn't a previous obligation to go to work immediately following my appointment. Not only did I have a very difficult time speaking but one of my bosses would mimic my altered form of speech every time I was around him. To make matters worse I had a screaming head ache. Trying to take a few pain killers was daunting task but I was able to successfully take a sip of water with my numb mouth and swallow the pills gracefully. Lucky for me I have got some pretty amazing friends at work and upon my request I was able to have a friend cover the last few hours of my shift while I went home to sleep off the numbness. I still can't chew food but I have regained sensation throughout my face.
Although today was rough next Friday is really the day to be feared. I will be going in to have my wisdom teeth removed. Thank goodness this one will not be followed by work and the need to communicate with complete strangers. I'm hoping this will all go as planned. :) Just glad to have 2 of 3 dentist appointments completed! Next step... braces.

1 comment:

  1. are you really getting braces? you must post pictures. and- getting my wisdom teeth out wasn't so bad, but i hear that's not the norm. good luck.

    ReplyDelete