Saturday, January 16, 2010

Who's got chubby cheeks? I got chubby cheeks!

Well... they aren't so much chubby as swollen. But they make me look chubby! I've been miserable from just getting two wisdom teeth out! Just imagine if I had had all four wisdom teeth to taken out! Yikes! It hasn't been that bad though. I just did it under local anesthesia so the worst part was being able to hear the doctor crunch my tooth to bits. That is a sound most people tend to avoid. I was numb for the first six hours but when it wore off... OUCH! I am getting pretty hungry too. Soup doesn't really suit me... I should be all healed up any day now though!
January 26 is the day of the braces. I am excited to finally get started on this long adventure. I have this notebook that I write poems in sometimes and the other day I went back and read some of them. There was one that was talking about how I cry too much and there was a line that said, "I try not to cry because crying isn't cute. But then again as I think about it... neither is the gap in my tooth." I wrote that awhile ago and now I am finally getting that gap taken care of! Thank Goodness!
Did I mention the new nick name Jason gave me? PQ. What does it stand for? Precipitation Queen. Yes, that is his fancy way of calling me a cry baby. And yes, it is catching on. Now even my boyfriend calls me PQ. Thanks Jay.
Anyway... it has been a tough few weeks for my mouth but it is nearing its end! Well... I guess it isn't really over until the braces are off. But at least the countdown is about to begin! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. was your title supposed to be from the "who's got short-shorts" nair commercial?

    next post: pictures.

    ReplyDelete